Transmitting Data to CBP via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Electronic data interchange (EDI) is an electronic communication system that provides standards for exchanging data via any electronic means. In order to transmit data to CBP systems via EDI, filers must test with CBP to ensure all programming is correct and that their systems are able to send data to and receive data from CBP.
If you have never transmitted data to CBP via EDI, contacting a CBP Client Representative is the first step to getting started. The Client Representatives are the first point of contact for importers, exporters, transportation providers, and brokers wishing to automate any of their interactions with CBP. The Client Representatives facilitate the trade's communication, testing, and operational participation with CBP automated systems and are the contact point for system-related problems and questions from trade partners.
Benefits of filing data through EDI:
- Faster CBP Transaction Processing;
- Sharing of electronic data between CBP and government agencies;
- Import and Export Manifest filing;
- Entry and entry summary filing ( Formal 01 , AD/CVD 03 , and informal 11 entry types);
- Remote location filing (RLF) for all ACE entry summaries;
- Electronic Census warnings and overrides features and Post Summary Corrections capabilities; and
- Document Image System functionality.
Letter of Intent
CBP VPN Connectivity
CBP Interconnection Security Agreement
- Instructions for Customs and Border Protection Interconnection Security Agreement
- Instructions for the Electronic Interconnection Security Agreement for the Trade Internet Virtual Private Network
- Interconnection Security Agreement for MPLS/MQ Users
- Interconnection Security Agreement for Trade Internet VPN Users
Trade partners who already have a Client Representative assigned to them, should contact their assigned Client Representative directly via phone or email. If you do not have a Client Representative assigned, please reach out to the Client Representative Branch via email:
Email Client Rep Branch