Skip to main content

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

New Employee Forms and Helpful Information

Please review the following information that will guide you through the forms needed your first week of employment.

Payroll Forms: The 1199 and W-4 Payroll forms are submitted through Onboarding Manager, but the state tax waiver will need to be printed and brought with you on your first day. Your mission support staff will help you submit the state tax waiver to payroll.

Benefits Forms: It is important to note that in order to begin receiving benefits the first pay period after you enter on duty, you must submit your enrollment forms during your first week with CBP. Some of the benefit forms can be access and submitted through Onboarding Manager, but others are not available through Onboarding Manager. Those forms not available through Onboarding Manager are listed below.

Current Federal Employees: If you are a current federal employee, the forms requested through Onboarding Manager are limited as some information will automatically carry over. If you are enrolled in dental or vision insurance or FSA accounts, these benefits will not automatically carry over. Directly contact the applicable program to update your employer information.

Forms that Cannot be Accessed via Onboarding Manager: The following is a list of forms that cannot be accessed via Onboarding Manager. Not all of the forms must be filled out by all employees. Please read through the list, and complete the forms that are applicable to you.

  • Federal Employee Dental and Vision Insurance Plans (FEDVIP): Enrolls eligible employees in supplemental dental and/or vision insurance plans. For more information and where to submit form please see the following link:
  • SAMBA, Federal Employee Benefit Association's Employee Benevolent Fund (EBF): Provides benefits upon death of employee. Two options are available: $17,500 upon death of the employee for a cost of $39 annually or $35,000 upon death of the employee for $78 annually. For more information and where to submit form, please visit the SAMBA Benevolent Fund - Agency Selection webpage or contact SAMBA directly for assistance at: (800) 638-6589
  • Employee State Tax Withholding Allowance: Provides information for your state tax withholding. To access your applicable State Tax Withholding Allowance form please see the following link:
  • DC Income Tax Waiver: If you are accepting a position that is located in Washington DC and you are not a resident of DC you must file the Form D-4A with your employer to establish that you are not subject to DC income tax withholding. You qualify as a nonresident if:
    • Your permanent residence is outside DC during all of the tax year and you do not reside in DC for 183 days or more in the tax year. 
    • You are a service member's spouse. 
    • Employees who are residents of DC should file a Form D-4, DC Withholding Allowance Certificate.

Additional Information:
Benefits: Information regarding your benefits can be found by clicking on the following links:

Veterans: For important information to assist you with any military related questions, please visit CBP's Veterans Resource Center.

Last Modified: Oct 30, 2023
Was this page helpful?
This page was not helpful because the content