Directions to Port Office
Contact Port Office
For directions to the Port Office, please contact the Port Office.
- For Small Boat Reporting, call (800) 827-2851.
- For Private Aircraft Reporting, call (518) 298-8346.
- For Immigration Questions, call (518) 298-7900.
- For Agriculture Questions, call (518) 298-7213.
- For Cargo Export Questions, please contact: (518) 298-8335 Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00AM to 4:00PM, Monday - Friday (excluding holidays).
- For Vehicle Exports, please contact: (518) 298-8335 Hours of operation: 8:00AM - 4:00PM, Monday - Friday (excluding holidays).
The Bureau of Census requires mandatory filing of export information through the Automated Export System (AES) or through AES Direct for all shipments of used self-propelled vehicles.
The Internal Transaction Number (ITN) generated at the time of the AES filing must be submitted to CBP with the ownership documentation 72 hours prior to export.
- All used self-propelled vehicles must be filed in the AES regardless of value or country of destination (15 CFR 30.2(a)(1)(iv)(H)).
- All used self-propelled vehicles must be filed in AES 72 hours prior to export (15 CFR 30.4(b)(5)).
- Required documentation, title and any additional documents needed, must be submitted to U.S. Customs at least 72 hours prior to export (19 CFR 192.2(c)(2)(i)).
- All vehicles must be presented to U.S. Customs at the time of exportation (19 CFR 192.2(c)(2)(ii)).
- Temporary Exports (in-bond procedure, carnet or Temporary Importation Bond) are exempt from both 15 CFR 30.37(q) and (r) AES filing and 19 CFR 192.2(a) documentation requirements.
Exporters may also contact the Bureau of Census at 1-800-549-0595 or www.census.gov/foreign-trade with any AES/AESDirect questions or for guidance on Title 15 CFR Part 30 the Foreign Trade Regulations.