U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) offers a suite of mobile applications (apps) to help expedite a traveler's entry into the United States and an app to help prospective applicants track their status through the hiring process.
CBP Border Wait Times
The CBP Jobs mobile app allows all users to find upcoming recruitment events, read media releases, follow CBP social media channels, and watch recruitment videos. After receiving a temporary job offer, frontline applicants - CBP officer, Border Patrol agent, Air Interdiction agent, Marine Interdiction agent and Agricultural Specialist - can log in to check the status of their application and receive important notifications about upcoming appointments and next steps right at their fingertips.
The Mobile Passport app allows U.S. citizens and Canadian passport holders (on B1 or B2 visas) to submit their passport information and customs declaration information via their smartphone or tablet and bypass the regular line to enter the United States. The app doesn't require pre-approval and is free to use.
Mobile Passport is available at 24 U.S. international airports and one sea port of entry:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- William P. Hobby Houston International Airport (HOU)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Port Everglades (PEV)
The CBP Reporting Offsite Arrival - Mobile (ROAM) app allows pleasure boaters and other eligible travelers who arrive at remote locations to report their arrival online. In addition to submitting a report of arrival, pleasure boaters who are not currently enrolled in a Trusted Traveler Program, Local Boater Option, or I-68 program and are required to report in person may be eligible to submit to a video inspection.
Disclaimer: This is a pilot version only for use in limited areas. Contact your local Port of Entry for guidance.