Long Haul Carrier in Mexico
To qualify, your company must be an active long haul carrier in Mexico that hauls cargo destined for the United States (within the past year), but does not cross the border. Your company must have an SCT Number issued by the Secretaría de Transportes y Comunicaciones (Mexican Department of Transportation).
Mexican Long Haul Carrier Eligibility Requirements
- Be an active Long Haul Highway Carrier in Mexico.
- Does not cross the U.S. border, but transports cargo destined to the U.S.
- Have an SCT Number issued by the Secretaría de Transportes y Comunicaciones (Mexican Department of Transportation).
- Have a designated company officer that will be the primary cargo security officer responsible for CTPAT.
- Commit to maintaining CBP’s CTPAT supply chain security criteria as outlined in the CTPAT Mexican Long Haul Carrier agreement.
- Create and provide CBP with a CTPAT supply chain security profile, which identifies how the Mexican Long Haul Carrier will meet, maintain and enhance internal policy to meet the CTPAT Mexican Long Haul Carrier security criteria.