CTPAT Workshops and Events
NEW CTPAT Los Angeles Field Office Webinar 2021 in Spanish
Estimado miembro del Programa CTPAT
Queremos infórmate que estamos organizando un WEBINAR sobre las ultimas actualizaciones del programa, es una capacitación 100% en línea que será impartidos por el Director de CTPAT y contará con la participación de oficiales de 8 distintas oficinas (San Diego, Los Ángeles, Laredo, Nogales, El Paso, Houston, Miami y Washington).
FECHA: Martes 31 de Agosto y Miércoles 01 de Septiembre, 2021
HORA: de 8AM a 2PM tiempo del pacífico (cada día)
Algunos de los temas que incluye el programa son:
- Resiliencia e Innovación en una época exigente. Actualizaciones del programa.
- Trabajo forzoso y cumplimiento comercial
- Riesgos de seguridad
- Temas específicos de San Diego, Nogales, El Paso y Laredo
- Conceptos básicos para navegar en el Portal de CTPAT
- Perfil de seguridad y nuevos criterios
- Visión de seguridad y responsabilidad, Evaluación de riesgos
- Validaciones virtuales y cómo prepararse
- Amenazas, incidentes y tendencias de Cyber Seguridad
- Seguridad de transporte y equipo, inspecciones de agricultura y WPM
- Análisis Posterior al Incidente (PIA) y Proceso de respuesta de la empresa
Es importante mencionar que al final será entregada un Reconocimiento de Participación válido para nosotros a todas las personas que decidan registrarse.
* Atención: Todo el seminario web se llevará a cabo en español*
Dear CTPAT Member,
We are organizing a WEBINAR where we will share the latest updates to the program. It is a 100% online session with presentations from the CTPAT National Director, CTPAT personnel and CBP Officers from 8 different CBP locations (San Diego, Los Angeles, Laredo, Nogales, El Paso, Houston, Miami and Washington).
DATE: Tuesday, August 31 and Wednesday, September 01, 2021
TIME: 8AM to 2PM Pacific Time (each day)
Some of the items included in the agenda are:
- CTPAT Program updates: Resiliency and Innovation in a Demanding Age
- Trade Compliance and Forced Labor
- Security Risks
- Port Specific Themes: San Diego, Nogales, El Paso and Laredo
- Navigating the CTPAT Portal
- Security Profile and the New Minimum Security Criteria
- Security Vision, Responsibility and Risk Assessment
- Virtual Validations and how to prepare
- Cyber Security Incidents, Threats and Trends
- Conveyance and IT Security to include Agriculture Inspections and WPM
- Post Incident Analysis (PIA) & Corrective Action Plan Expectations
Participants will receive a Participation Certificate.
*Note: The entire webinar will be conducted in Spanish*
*UPDATE* Preparing for a CTPAT Virtual Validation Webinar
Dear CTPAT Member,
On August 5, 2021, CTPAT members were notified about the Preparing for a CTPAT Virtual Validation Webinar taking place on August 18, 2021. Due to overwhelming demand and original platform limitations, a new event registration had to be created in order to support the large number of interested parties. We apologize for the inconvenience, but in order to attend the event, you will need to register again. For those who did not previously register, but are interested, you may also register now. Please be advised that if you previously registered, you will also receive this notification from the event organizer in a separate email from email@example.com.
For more information on the event and the other panelist that will join me, please click here.
Once again, I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to participate in this event.
Manuel A. Garza, Jr.
Cargo & Conveyance Security
Office of Field Operations
U.S. Customs & Border Protection
Date: Wednesday August 18, 2021
Time: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST
As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, many things we have become accustomed to are changing. Prior to the pandemic, CTPAT validations were almost exclusively conducted in-person. In 2021, CTPAT has conducted nearly 1,000 virtual validations and all indications point to virtual validations being a part of the program moving forward.
How can CTPAT members best prepare themselves for this new and innovative approach?
Our panel of experts will discuss the nuances of this developing landscape and arm you with useful information.
Registration is Free
Detroit Field Office 10th Annual Virtual Trade Week
U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations - Detroit Field Office will host the
10th Annual Trade Week via the Webex virtual platform on August 3-5, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. EDT each day.
Join CBP subject matter experts as they provide updates on CBP trade priorities and policies.Presenters at this year’s event represent a wide range of CBP programs and offices including the USMCA Center, Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT), Automotive & Aerospace Center, Trade Policy and Programs, Office of Chief Counsel, Cargo Security & Control, Broker Management Office and the Trade Transformation Office. Each day will be organized into four 60 minute presentations with a scheduled break between the morning and afternoon sessions.
Please register for each day’s event to attend as many or as few presentations on that day as your schedule permits.
Registration for this free event may be completed online through July 30, 2021 using the links below.
Please note each day requires a separate registration.
Day 1: Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Registration Link: August 3, 2021 Detroit FO Virtual Trade Week
10:00 a.m. EDT Welcome and Meet the Detroit Field Office Ports and the A&A Center
11:00 a.m. EDT Entry Type 86 and eCommerce
1:00 p.m. EDT AD/CVD Enforcement
2:00 p.m. EDT Broker Management Updates
Day 2: Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Registration Link: August 4, 2021 Detroit FO Virtual Trade Week
10:00 a.m. EDT CBP One Mobile Application
11:00 a.m. EDT CTPAT Update & the New Trade Compliance Program
1:00 p.m. EDT Detecting Pests in Wood Packing Material Demonstration
2:00 p.m. EDT Forced Labor
Day 3: Thursday, August 5, 2021
Registration Link: August 5, 2021 Detroit FO Virtual Trade Week
10:00 a.m. EDT IPR and the Automotive Industry
11:00 a.m. EDT USMCA Updates
1:00 p.m. EDT Trade Remedies
2:00 p.m. EDT Automotive & Aerospace Center: Reconciliation Process & More
To register after July 30, 2021 or if you have any questions regarding this annual event, please email the Trade Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBP 2021 Virtual Trade Week
July 20-22, 2021
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is proud to announce the CBP 2021 Virtual Trade Week will be held on July 20-22. This year’s sessions will include discussions on 21CCF, E-Commerce, Forced Labor, Export Modernization, CTPAT, and 1USG.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!
To register click Register Now
- The registration fee is $30.00 U.S. dollars for all non-government participants. Payment must be made online at Pay.gov by credit card. Registrations will be confirmed and processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Members of the press interested in covering the CBP 2021 Virtual Trade Week should contact the CBP Office of Public Affairs at email@example.com.
- You will receive the session access links by July 16. The email will come from 'CBP 2021 Virtual Trade Week'.
NOTE FOR ALL NON-GOVERNMENT REGISTRANTS ONLY
During the registration process, you will be directed to pay.gov for payment. Please note that the form will be titled Trade Symposium. We are utilizing the Trade Symposium payment portal for this event. Your registration payment is for the CBP 2021 Virtual Trade Week.
If you wish to cancel your registration, please notify the Office of Trade Relations at TradeEvents@cbp.dhs.gov. Be sure to include your full name and registration confirmation number and we will process your request. All requests for cancellations with refunds must be submitted in writing and received no later than Friday, July 9, 2021.
AGENDA is forthcoming…
Each session qualifies for two (2) Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) and Certified Export Specialist (CES) credits. The Office of Trade Relations will provide an event attendance confirmation letter containing instructions for requesting the credits, post-event.
For questions, please email TradeEvents@cbp.dhs.gov.
Recent Workshops and Events:
- March 18, 2021- Director Garza; 2021 Port of the Future Virtual Conference
- April 20-21, 2021- CTPAT Houston Field Office 2021 Webinar in Spanish
- April 6-22, 2021- CTPAT Presents: The New CTPAT, A Six-Part Webinar Series 2021
- May 17-21, 2021- CBP Miami/Tampa 2021 International Trade Week
- February 4 and 5, 2020 - El Paso, TX (Houston CTPAT Field Office)
- August 25-27 2020- Houston CTPAT Field Office MSC Spanish Webinar
Presentation topics typically include:
- Welcome and Introductions
- CTPAT 2020 Update
- Minimum Security Criteria Update
The workshops are open to certified/validated CTPAT partners.