To qualify, your company must be an active U.S. importer (imported goods within the past year) with an active U.S. Importer of Record ID (IOR) and have a (valid) registered continuous import bond with CBP. Canadian companies that have been designated a Non-Resident Canadian Importer also qualify. You must have at least one staffed business office in either of the two countries.
Importer Eligibility Requirements
- Be an active U.S. Importer or Non-Resident Canadian Importer into the United States.
- Have a business office staffed in the United States or Canada.
- Have an active U.S. importer of record ID in either of the following formats: U.S. Social Security Number, U.S. Internal Revenue Service assigned ID(s), or CBP assigned Importer ID
- Possess a valid continuous import bond registered with CBP.
- Have a designated company officer that will be the primary cargo security officer responsible for CTPAT.
- Commit to maintaining the CTPAT supply chain security criteria as outlined in the CTPAT Importer agreement.
- Create and provide CBP with a CTPAT supply chain security profile, which identifies how the Importer will meet, maintain, and enhance internal policy to meet the CTPAT Importer security criteria.