El Paso Station
9201 Gateway South Boulevard
El Paso, TX 79924
Phone: (915) 585-1924
Fax: (915) 585-6640
Congress created a Bureau of Immigration in 1885, and in 1903 transferred it to the Department of Commerce and Labor. In 1904, a small group of mounted inspectors, customarily called Mounted Guards or Chinese Immigration Agents, operated out of El Paso, Texas.
The El Paso Station was the first station activated and was established with the intent of providing better control of the land border with Mexico.
The primary duty of the El Paso Station is to conduct linewatch duties at or near the border, 24 hours a day.