Priority Trade Issue: Intellectual Property Rights
Trade in counterfeit and pirated goods threatens America’s innovation economy, the competitiveness of our businesses, the livelihoods of U.S. workers, and, in some cases, national security and the health and safety of consumers.
Trade in these illegitimate goods is associated with smuggling and other criminal activities, and often funds criminal enterprises. CBP protects businesses and consumers every day through an aggressive IPR enforcement program.
CBP targets and seizes imports of counterfeit and pirated goods, and enforces exclusion orders on patent-infringing and other IPR violative goods.
- Intellectual Property Rights enforcement updates
- Intellectual Property Rights Brochure
- Fact Sheet on CBP Intellectual Property Rights enforcement initiatives
- Turning the Tide Video on CBP Intellectual Property Rights initiatives
- Additional information on how CBP can help protect Intellectual Property Rights