224 Stratton Road
Dallas Plantation, Maine 04970
Phone: (207) 864-5356
Fax: (207) 864-2740Mailing Address
P.O. Box 194
Rangeley, Maine 04970
The Rangeley Border Patrol Station was originally opened in 1940 and was located in the Rangeley Bank and Trust building with six Patrol Inspectors. Their primary duty was to provide coverage for drive through offenders at the Coburn Gore Port of Entry. Additionally, the agents were responsible for the area left un-patrolled from the New Hampshire/Maine Border to the Coburn Gore Port of Entry. In 1949 the Rangeley Station was closed and agents were re-assigned to existing stations. The Rangeley Station re-opened as a sub-station of Jackman Station and staffed with two Senior Patrol agents in 1983. It was not until February, 2008 when the Rangeley Station was re-designated as an official Border Patrol Station and a new station was constructed with final completion occurring in the summer of 2009.
The Rangeley Station area of responsibility is 81 miles of land border between the United States and Canada. Most areas are remote due to the border area being heavily wooded and comprised of numerous mountains.