518 E. Hwy 61
Grand Marais, MN 55604
Phone: (218) 387-1770
Fax: (218) 387-2781
The Border Patrol Station in Grand Marais was first established in 1924 as part of the Duluth, MN Border Patrol Sector. The Duluth Sector was abolished shortly after its inception so Grand Marais was placed under the sector headquarters located in International Falls until 1939. In August of 1939, the sector headquarters was moved to Pembina, ND and eventually to its present location in Grand Forks in October of 1939.
The Grand Marais area of operations covers the northeastern section of Minnesota, to include the shoreline of Lake Superior.