900 Aztec Drive
Post Office Box 8
Sierra Blanca, Texas 79851
Phone: (915) 369-4000
Fax: (915) 369-4110
History and Area of Responsibility
Prior to the creation of the Border Patrol, one mounted guard was stationed at Sierra Blanca and was charged with the enforcement of immigration laws in the area. The station has been in continuous operation since Congress created the Border Patrol in 1924.
The Sierra Blanca Station area of responsibility consists of more than half of Hudspeth County or about 2500 square miles. The station is responsible for 73 border miles between the U.S. and Mexico.