Smart Entry Service for U.S. Citizens
What are some requirements of the SES program for U.S. citizens?
- U.S. citizens must first be approved in the Global Entry program
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age
- Applicants must hold a valid machine-readable passport
- Membership is valid for 5 years
- An interview at one of the Korean enrollment centers listed below is required
- Biometric information such as fingerprints will be collected at time of interview
- Applicants must pay a U.S. $100 application fee for the SES program at the time of the interview in Korea
How do U.S. citizens apply for Global Entry?
- Apply Online: Complete a Global Online Enrollment System online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
- Schedule an Interview: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your GOES account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers or at a temporary location designated for Global Entry interviews.
- Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A CBP officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and scan your fingerprints.
- Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.
How do U.S. citizens apply for Smart Entry Service?
U.S. citizens apply for SES through their Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) accounts. The application will then be sent to the Korean Immigration Service for review. Once "conditionally approved" in SES, U.S. citizens must visit an enrollment center in Korea within six months to complete enrollment in SES.
Where are the Korean SES enrollment centers located?
|Incheon International Airport||In front of the check-in counter in Zone F (3F)||07:00-19:00
|Gimpo International Airport||Immigration Service Center on International Terminal (2F)||Monday-Friday
|Gimhae International Airport||Immigration Service Center on International Terminal (2F)||09:00-18:00
|COEX||Incheon Airport Immigration Branch Office (2F)||Monday-Friday
|Seoul Station||Incheon Airport Immigration Branch Office B2F||Monday-Friday
|KOTRA (IKP)||Investment Korea Plaza (2F)||Monday-Friday