The U.S.-Canada Softwood Lumber Agreement (SLA 2006), which was signed on September 12, 2006 and took effect on October 12, 2006, expired on October 12, 2015.
The Softwood Lumber Act of 2008 was enacted on June 18, 2008 as section 3301 of The Food Conservation and Energy Act of 2008 (110 P.L. 246; 122 Stat. 1651; 2008 Enacted H.R. 6124; 110 Enacted H.R. 6124), also called the “Farm Bill of 2008.” Questions on softwood lumber importations should be directed to the Office of International Trade, Trade Policy and Programs, Trade Agreements Points of Contact or email SWL@cbp.dhs.gov.
Act of 2008
- Softwood Lumber Act Overview
- SEC. 3301. Softwood Lumber Act of 2008
- Softwood Lumber Act of 2008 Implementation Instructions
- New Data Elements Required for Importation of Softwood Lumber Effective August 18, 2008
- Entry Requirements for Certain Softwood Lumber Products Exported From Any Country Into the United States – Final Rule
- Entry Requirements for Certain Softwood Lumber Products Exported From Any Country Into the United States – Interim Rule