On July 31, 1924, U.S. Border Patrol, Spokane District, established a sub-office at Havre, Montana, which eventually became the Havre Sector Headquarters in 1933.
In 1965, the City of Havre donated nearly five acres of land for the Sector Headquarters for a new headquarters building. With the oversight of the U.S. General Services Administration, the construction of the new Havre Sector Headquarters building was completed and occupied on January 17, 1966.
Havre Sector Headquarters accommodates offices for the command and administration staff, and a communications center, along with radio and computer technicians.
The primary mission of the Havre Sector Headquarters and the command staff is to plan, direct, and manage the U.S. Border Patrol Sector-wide program of enforcement of criminal laws and other provisions under the auspices of the Immigration and Nationality Act, along with directing and implementing programs related to the prevention of illegal entry of terrorists and terrorist's weapons of mass destruction into the United States.
The Havre Sector U.S. Border Patrol continues its efforts to control Montana's borders by maintaining and expanding a strong enforcement posture, including sufficient flexibility to address dynamic enforcement challenges, which is critical to bringing operational control to our Nation's borders.
Area of Responsibility
Havre Sector is characterized by 456 miles of international border, starting along the Montana-North Dakota border to the east and ending at the Continental Divide to the west. The sector consists of six stations (Plentywood, Scobey, Havre, Malta, St. Mary, and Sweetgrass). The stations are within 45 minutes or less drive to the border.