U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is a premier law enforcement agency that safeguards America’s borders. Every day, CBP protects the public from dangerous threats and materials attempting to cross the border, while enhancing the Nation’s global economic competitiveness by enabling legitimate trade and travel.
Not only is CBP an exciting place to work, but we offer excellent benefits—from the inception of your career into retirement!
When you join America’s frontline, you will receive a steady income, varied based on your GS1/GL2 level, your component office, and your location. Check out the Benefits Guide for Agents and Officers for sample pay scales for a selection of frontline positions with CBP.
Did you know, when you join American’s frontline you can:
- Earn up to $45K in overtime and premium pay annually?
- Be eligible for noncompetitive promotion to the next higher grade level (without reapplying) once you successfully complete one year in each grade level (up to the full performance level of the position)?
- Receive cash awards as recognition for superior efforts?
- Receive excellent job-related training?
- Earn paid annual and sick leave?
- Receive uniform allowance?
- Receive transportation subsidy?
- Earn up to an additional 33 percent in incentive pay for accepting assignments in certain locations?