Verify and Update Vehicle License Plate Information for SENTRI Members
Attention SENTRI members with a registered vehicle:
Please be advised that this only applies to members who currently have a vehicle enrolled in SENTRI. Those members who do not have a vehicle enrolled do not have to take any action. Families must check whose membership their vehicle is enrolled under, so the appropriate family member verifies and updates the vehicle license plate information. If your vehicle is already registered under one family member's name currently enrolled in SENTRI, you do not have to re-register your vehicle under your name.
To avoid potential delays in processing, you must verify and update your vehicle license plate information. SENTRI members who do not update their license plate information may be delayed as CBP officers attempt to verify license plate information.
Instructions on How to Update Your Vehicle License Plate
- If you have not previously created an account for the Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) website, click on the "Register" button on the TTP Welcome page. (TTP) You will need your SENTRI membership number. At the end of the registration process, you will be assigned a TTP user ID.
- Sign in to TTP using the TTP user ID assigned to you.
- After signing in, on the Home page click on the "Manage Membership" button associated with the SENTRI program.
- On the next page click on the "Update Vehicle License" button.
- On the Update Vehicle License page select the vehicle to update and click on the "Next" button.
- Make all necessary updates and click on the "Next" button to submit your updates.