CBP Global Entry Enrollment Center Arrives at Port of Cincinnati
CINCINNATI—U.S. Customs and Border Protection recently announced the opening of a Global Entry enrollment center within the CBP Port of Cincinnati, located at 4243 Olympic Blvd. Suite 210 in Erlanger, Ky. The office will open on February 26, and operates Tuesday - Thursday from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. The contact number for the new Port of Cincinnati CBP Global Entry enrollment center is 859-282-6308.
Enrollment centers are a vital component of Global Entry, which is a voluntary trusted traveler program that uses automated kiosks to expedite the CBP clearance process for pre-approved, low-risk international travelers entering the United States. Global Entry members are also eligible to participate in other CBP trusted traveler programs and TSA Pre-Check.
"Since the Global Entry pilot began in 2008, this quick and easy program has become extremely popular with the traveling public and each year more and more passengers apply. This has created a demand to expand the number of CBP enrollment centers where the required in-person interview takes place with a CBP officer," said Chicago CBP Acting Director of Field Operations Steven T. Artino. "Here in the Chicago Field Office, we are meeting this demand with the opening of three new CBP Global Entry enrollment centers in the Midwest during the week of February 25. The new centers are located within CBP offices in downtown Chicago; at the Port of Milwaukee, Wisc.; and at the Port of Cincinnati, Ohio."
O'Hare airport is one of 34 airports in the United Sates and 10 preclearance locations in Canada and Ireland with Global Entry kiosks. As of February 20, there are more than 1.4 million trusted travelers with Global Entry benefits. International travelers enrolled in Global Entry who are returning to the U.S. can bypass passport lines to use CBP's automated, self-service kiosk. The kiosk features include a camera, touch-screen monitor, fingerprint scanner, document reader, and receipt printer.
Applications for enrollment in the program are available through the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) at globalentry.gov. The Global Entry application process consists of the following three steps for all applicants:
- Completion and submittal of an online application through GOES, along with payment of a non-refundable application $100 fee (valid for five years).
- Schedule appointment within 30 days from the date of the online approval notice. (The actual appointment must be within 90 days of the date of the online approval notice.)
- Undergo a background check, interview with a CBP officer at a Global Entry enrollment center and provide biometric information, e.g., fingerprint scan.
There are many benefits to becoming a Global Entry member some include:
- No queuing for passport control checks;
- No paper customs declaration form;
- Global Entry membership can be accessed at many of the leading U.S. airports;
- Expedited travel from the gate to the terminal exit (the process can take less than one minute);
- No minimum number of international trips required to qualify for the Global Entry program.
Global Entry is open to U.S. citizens, U.S. legal permanent residents, and Mexican nationals. The program is also available to citizens of the Netherlands, who are enrolled in the Dutch Privium program, and citizens of the Republic of Korea enrolled in the Korean SES program. Canadian citizens and residents enrolled in the NEXUS program may use the Global Entry kiosks as well. Members of the CBP Trusted Traveler program, SENTRI, who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents, can also use the Global Entry kiosks.
For additional information about the Global Entry program, visit globalentry.gov.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control and protection of our nation's borders at and between the official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.