Terms & Conditions
Use the Site in a lawful manner. Do not modify the Site or attempt to use it to publish or transmit malicious software or content. CBP shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use of the Site, the CBP website, the CSV services, or related content.
All of the content, documentation, code, and related materials made available to you through the CBP website are subject to these terms. Access to or use of the data download services or its content constitutes acceptance of these terms.
Data accessed through CBP’s data download is not subject to CBP control over the end use of such data. CBP verifies the information quality and accuracy of data published on the Site. However, once the data has been downloaded from the Site, CBP cannot verify the quality, accuracy, and/or timeliness of any analysis conducted using data retrieved. As the data owner, CBP retains the official version of the data, and may publish updated or revised versions of the data at its discretion.
- Users of CBP’s data download should cite the date that CBP data were accessed or retrieved using the CSV files.
- Users must clearly state that “This product uses U.S. Customs and Border Protection data, but is not endorsed by CBP.”
- CBP cannot verify the quality, accuracy, and/or timeliness of any data or any analysis derived there from after the data has been retrieved from CBP.gov.
- The logos and/or seals of CBP and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) are protected by federal law and may not be used without prior written authorization from CBP or DHS.
In support of the Transparency and Open Government Initiative, input from external stakeholders regarding the presentation of data, data types, and metadata will help inform the evolution of CBP’s publicly-accessible data.
CBP reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace these terms and conditions, in whole or in part. Your continued use of or access to the CBP data services and/or the Site, following posting of any changes to these terms, constitutes acceptance of those modified terms. CBP may, in the future, offer new services and/or features on the Site. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to these terms and conditions unless otherwise specified.
Disclaimer of Warranties
CBP’s data sources are provided “as is” and on an “as-available” basis. CBP hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. CBP makes no warranty that the services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted.
You hereby warrant that:
- Your use of the services will be in strict accordance with these terms and all applicable laws and regulations, and
- Your use of the services will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CBP, its contractors, employees, agents, and the like from and against any and all claims and expenses arising out of your use of the data, including but not limited to violation of these terms. This indemnification clause shall not apply to federal government entities.
CBP may monitor your use of its services to improve the service or to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions.
Any disputes arising out of these terms and conditions and/or access to or use of the services or the Site shall be governed by federal law.
No Waiver of Rights
CBP’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision included in these terms shall not constitute waiver of such right or provision.
If you do not wish to abide by these terms, you must refrain from use of the services.
Last updated [Publish Date]