What Happens After I Retire?
14 to 30 Days
- Receive final paycheck and lump-sum annual leave payment (if applicable).
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) will close out your retirement record (SF 2806/SF 3100).
- Your retirement case and retirement card is forwarded to OPM in Boyers, PA.
- USDA will send you a notification that your case has been forwarded to OPM.
- For questions regarding the processing of your retirement, contact Retirement and Benefits Advisory Services (RABAS) visit the Retirement and Benefits Portal.
30 to 90 days
- Your retirement package is received by OPM in Boyers, PA.
- OPM will send you an acknowledgement letter and retirement case claim number.
- You will be placed in Interim Payment Status and paid a partial annuity.
- Case is assigned to a specialist for final adjudication.
- Interim payments will continue until OPM completes final adjudication of your claim.
90 Days to 6 Months
- OPM will complete the adjudication of your claim.
- OPM will start paying you your regular monthly annuity check, including applicable back pay.
- OPM will start deducting payment for both benefits and other allotments, from your regular annuity.
- OPM will provide you with the information outlining your retirement benefits, authorized allotments, taxes, etc.
- Call OPM if you have any questions about the status of your retirement.
March 15, 2021