How to Apply for Global Entry
Dutch nationals can apply for Global Entry through CBP's Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. Dutch nationals wishing to apply for Global Entry membership must hold a Dutch passport. Please enter information exactly as it is stated on your passport and review your application thoroughly before you submit it. Spelling mistakes or incorrectly entered information will result in your application being cancelled without a refund.
Before applying, make sure you:
- Have activated your ‘Berichtenbox’ digital mailbox on MijnOverheid.nl;
- Have authorized Koninklijke Marechaussee (KMAR) in the settings of your MijnOverheid-account to send messages to your account;
- Go to the ‘Berichtenbox’ page;
- Below the ‘Berichtenbox’ page, the link ‘Kies de organisaties waarvan u digitale post wilt ontvangen’ is shown. After clicking this link, please select the checkbox of ‘Koninklijke Marechaussee’.
- Have completed the steps above 24 hours before starting the online application.
You will complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application processing fee.
Check your ‘Berichtenbox’ regularly after finalizing your Global Entry application.
You will receive a message from the Koninklijke Marechaussee (KMAR), the Dutch border police, asking you to confirm your Global Entry application and approve the background check.
KMAR will then perform the background check.
CBP will include the result of the Dutch background check in their evaluation of the application. You will receive a message from CBP with the result of your application.
Once you have been approved for the program, the background check by the Dutch authorities will be repeated annually. You will be asked to authorize the background check each time. Your membership in the Global Entry program lasts for five years. After the initial five years, you will have to submit a renewal application through the TTP website if you want to continue your membership, following the same application process as described above.