WASHINGTON – U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Acting Commissioner John Sanders announced the reappointment/appointment of the CBP User Fee Advisory Committee members in April.
The committee, which includes representative from the trade and travel industry, advises the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on issues related to the performance of inspections coinciding with the assessment of a customs or immigration user fee.
The UFAC also provides guidance on topics such as the time period during which such services should be performed, the proper number and deployment of inspection officers, the level of fees, and the appropriateness of any proposed fee.
The CBP User Fee Advisory Committee members are:
- Mary Barnicle, United Airlines
- Stephanie Gupta, American Association of Airport Executives
- Aneil Patel, Airports Council International
- Sharon Pinkerton, Airlines for America
- John Van Wallaghen, United Parcel Service
- Dena Wilds, BNSF Railway
- Eric Freed, John Wayne Airport
- Michael Hanson, SABRE
- Kenneth Dunlap, Catalyst-Go, LLC