1150 Birch Street
Calexico, CA 92231
Phone: (760) 768-7000
Fax: (760) 357-3748
History and Area of Responsibility
The first Border Patrol Station at Calexico was established in 1939 with only six officers assigned for duty.
The Calexico Border Patrol Station is responsible for patrolling 37.1 linear miles of the border and 731 square miles of Imperial County in the Sonoran Desert. This area of responsibility includes the densely populated area of downtown Calexico, the New River, 27 miles along the All-American Canal, and a barely discernible line of uninhabited desert. Thus, the Calexico Station utilizes a variety of equipment and methods to accomplish its mission and be effective in such diverse terrain.
The current Calexico Station was officially opened on September 12, 1995. Due to the additions of personnel and continuing increases in illegal alien and narcotic traffic through the years, a new Station is in the works and proposed to be complete in 2012.