4151 S. Avenue A
Yuma, AZ 85365
Phone: (928) 341-2800
Fax: (928) 344-1184
At the inception of the Yuma Sector in 1955, the Yuma Station shared office space in the Sector Headquarters complex, located near downtown Yuma, Arizona. In 1979, a new Yuma Station was constructed about six miles south of the Sector Headquarters. Due to increased cross-border criminal activity during the early 2000's, it became apparent that that facility had become inadequate. In 2005, groundbreaking commenced on a new facility.
The Yuma Border Patrol Station has seen unprecedented growth in personnel, tactical infrastructure, and the use of technology in an effort to gain, maintain, and expand operational control of Yuma Station's area of responsibility. In February of 2007, a new, state-of-the-art Border Patrol station was completed, and was dedicated by President George W. Bush. New tactical infrastructure includes 35 miles of primary fencing, eight miles of secondary fencing, eight miles of tertiary fencing, 1.7 miles of stadium lighting, and 11.5 miles of all weather roads. Advances in technology include new Mobile Surveillance Systems and an upgraded all digital radio system.
All of these improvements, combined with enhanced relations with military, state, local, and tribal partners have resulted in a tremendous decrease in cross-border criminal activity in Yuma Station's area of responsibility. Additionally, innovative programs that use the concept of "delivered consequences" such as Operations "Streamline" and "Citation", the Interior Repatriation Program, and the Alien Transfer Exit Program have fostered an environment of zero tolerance for illegal activity within the Yuma Station's area of responsibility.
Area of Responsibility
Today, agents from the Yuma Station are responsible for securing 61 linear miles of international boundary with Mexico, including: land and river border.