US flag Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

Mobile Nav Button

 

Kingsville Station

2422 E. Senator Carlos Truan Blvd.
Kingsville, Texas 78363
Phone: (361) 595-8700
Fax: Fax: (361) 221-9821

History
During the 1920's and 1930's, the U.S. Border Patrol, Laredo Sector, periodically conducted Border Patrol operations at Kingsville, Texas. Upon completion of U.S. Highway 77 in 1940, operations became permanent and the Kingsville Station was established. The station's jurisdiction was ceded to what was then the Port Isabel Sector and consolidated into what is now known as the Rio Grande Valley Sector on July 1, 1973. The station's original mission objective was to establish checkpoint operations on the newly completed highway and to conduct freight train check operations in the Kingsville, Texas area.

Kingsville Station Overview
The Kingsville Station's area of responsibility encompasses 1,932 square miles of South Texas' Kenedy and Kleberg Counties. The station's primary responsibility is operation of the Border Patrol checkpoint at Sarita, Texas. The checkpoint is located on U.S. Highway 77 North, one of two major routes of egress from the Rio Grande Valley.