US flag Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

Visa Waiver Program (Pleasure Boat)

Permanent residents of Canada who are nationals of a designated Visa Waiver Program country, may enter the United States by means of a pleasure boat along the northern border of the United States, if in possession of a valid, unexpired, passport issued by his or her country of nationality, and an unexpired multiple entry Form I-94W, Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver Arrival/Departure Form, or an unexpired passport, valid unexpired United States nonimmigrant visa and I-94 Arrival/Departure Form.  Entry may be made only as a visitor for pleasure.

Last modified: 
January 4, 2022