US flag Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

Pleasure Boats and Private Flyers

Whether you are a small vessel or private flyer, there are processes and procedures that you need to follow when arriving to and departing from the United States.

The Decal / Transponder Online Procurement System (DTOPS) The Decal / Transponder Online Procurement System is an easy way for Commercial Vehicles, Private Aircraft, and Private Vessels (thirty feet and over) to purchase their Annual User Fee online. Commercial Vehicle purchasers also have the ability to request replacement transponders, transfer vehicles into their fleet, and maintain their fleet inventory.  For additional information contact the DTOPS website.

Pleasure Boats

Operators of small vessels arriving in the United States from a foreign port of place are required to report their arrival to CBP immediately.

Private Flyers

Private aircraft pilots must adhere to specific requirements when arriving and departing the United States.

Preclearance for General Aviation

Last modified: 
April 26, 2018