2020 Trade Symposium
State of the Trade Symposium:
Given the number of cancellations received by trade partners and attendees and the more than two-dozen company travel restrictions that would impact the number of those able to participate, U.S. Customs and Border Protection has made the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 Trade Symposium.
The intent of the symposium is to educate and update the attendees on CBP’s trade priorities. We believe that postponing the event to maximize attendance is the most beneficial course of action at this time.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause and we are working with our partners at the Hilton Anaheim to reschedule the event later this year.
We thank you for your patience. Refunds of the symposium registration fee will be processed shortly. For specific questions regarding the Trade Symposium, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s general sessions include discussions on International Trade Organizations, Interagency Collaboration, and the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).
- Forced Labor session will address social compliance and enforcement goals.
- E-Commerce session will provide a detailed status and outcomes regarding Entry Type 86, 321 Data Pilot, and the collaboration between CBP and Industry.
- Collaboration & Process Modernization will deliver CTPAT Minimum Security Criteria implementation status and outreach and the future state of In-bond, and Export capabilities.
- Technical & Operational Innovation will provide insight into the ongoing innovative efforts and accomplishments to include the Blockchain proof of concept, ACE and emerging technologies.
- Center 1-on-1 Sessions will offer attendees the opportunity to meet with their Center of Excellence and Expertise leadership.
- Binding Rulings Workshop will provide attendees an opportunity to learn more about acquiring a binding ruling and how to leverage the ruling to achieve compliance.
- Partner Government Agency (PGA) Speed Chat will offer attendees one on one open discussions with multiple Partner Government Agencies.
- The registration fee is $210.00 U.S. dollars. Registration must be completed on-line and payment must be made by credit card. Registrations will be confirmed and processed on a first come, first served basis.
- The registration fee includes AM/PM breaks (beverages and light refreshments) and lunch for both days.
- Federal government and Embassy employees will be complimentary. Complimentary registrations for federal government employees are limited and will be granted on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Federal government employee participation must be approved by your immediate supervisor.
- All Title 5 Executive Agency employees must follow travel and relocation policies, including those on temporary duty travel allowances. See Federal Travel Regulations, 41 C.F.R. §§ 301-11.18, 301-74.21 ( 41 C.F.R. §§ 301-11.18, 301-74.21). Employees eligible to receive per diem expenses must adjust their Meals & Incidental Expenses (M&IE) allowance to account for meals furnished by CBP.
- Registration Closed on Monday, February 10, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
- Requests for special needs should be addressed to email@example.com
- Kosher meals will not be available. Please send request for vegetarian meals or any ADA requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members of the press interested in covering the Trade Symposium should contact Kelly Cahalan with the CBP Office of Public Affairs at email@example.com and the Office of Trade Relations (OTR) directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
If you wish to cancel or transfer your registration, please notify the Office of Trade Relations at email@example.com in writing on or before Friday, February 14, 2020. Please include your full name and confirmation number and we will process your request. Registration transfers must be in writing and include the full name of the registered attendee, confirmation number and new attendees’ full name.
All requests for cancellations/refunds must be submitted in writing and received no later than Friday, February 14, 2020 for a full refund. No exceptions will be made.
CBP will follow the federal government operating status as indicated on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s website, including specifics for employees located in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. If the 2020 Trade Symposium is canceled due to inclement weather, a natural disaster, or state of emergency, CBP will refund all registration fees within 14 days. Please note that it can take up to 90 days.
CBP has confirmed a hotel room block for $169 for a standard room. The special room rate is only available for March 9,10 and 11th. There are limited rooms available under the special room rate. To make a reservation, please contact the hotel directly to receive the best available rate. Federal Government employees may inquire about government rate availability. All arrangements and expenses for lodging are the responsibility of the attendee.
777 W Convention Way,
Anaheim, CA 92802 Anaheim, California
Call Center Phone Number: 1-877-776-4932
Group Code: USB