2019 Trade Symposium
July 23-24, 2019
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is proud to announce that the 2019 Trade Symposium will be held on July 23-24, 2019 at the Marriott Marquis in Chicago, Illinois.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
- The registration fee is $184.00 U.S. dollars. Registration must be completed on-line and payment must be made by credit card. Registrations will be confirmed and processed on a first come, first served basis.
- The registration fee includes, AM/PM beverage breaks and lunch for both days, no breakfast is provided.
- Federal government employees, Embassy employees and speakers will be complimentary.
- Federal government employee participation must be approved by your immediate supervisor.
- All Title 5 Executive Agency employees must follow travel and relocation policies, including those on temporary duty travel allowances. See Federal Travel Regulations, 41 C.F.R. §§ 301-11.18, 301-74.21 ( 41 C.F.R. §§ 301-11.18, 301-74.21). Employees eligible to receive per diem expenses must adjust their Meals & Incidental Expenses (M&IE) allowance to account for meals furnished by CBP.
- Registration CLOSES on Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
- Requests for special needs should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kosher meals will not be available. Please send request for vegetarian meals or any ADA requirements to email@example.com
- Members of the press interested in covering the Trade Symposium should contact Kelly Cahalan with the CBP Office of Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact OTR directly at email@example.com for registration.
If you wish to cancel or transfer your registration, please notify the Office of Trade Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Monday, July 15, 2019. Please include your full name and registration confirmation number and we will process your request. Registration transfers should include the full name of the new attendees’ name.
All requests for cancellations/refunds must be submitted in writing and received no later than Monday, July 15, 2019 for a full refund. No exceptions will be made.
CBP will follow the federal government operating status as indicated on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s website, including specifics for employees located in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. If the 2019 Trade Symposium is canceled due to inclement weather, a natural disaster, or state of emergency, CBP will refund all registration fees within 14 days. Please note that it can take up to 90 days.
CBP has confirmed a hotel room block for the Trade Symposium. All arrangements and expenses for lodging are the responsibility of the attendee.
NOTE: The host hotel has sold out and no more room blocks are available.
Chicago Marriott Marquis
2121 S Prairie Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
2233 S Martin Luther King Dr (.1 mile)
Chicago South Loop
11 W 26th St (.7 miles)
261 W Cermak Rd (.8 miles)
Best Western Grant Park
1100 S Michigan Ave (1.1 miles)
Homewood Suites by Hilton
59 E 11th St (1.1 miles)