QB 17–143 Results of Specialty Sugar July 14, 2017 Period 5
RESULTS OF QUOTA OPENING
The tariff rate quota for Specialty Sugar Period 5 opened on Friday, July 7, 2017 over-subscribed at opening moment. The pro rata percentage of 82.93892% or .8293892 for this Specialty Period was calculated via ACE and a UC message was generated detailing the prorated quantity per entry
Entries or withdrawals for consumption for specialty sugar presented after the opening moment period were not included in formulating the prorated or reserved percentage.
Entry summaries that qualify for opening moment will be rejected and sent UC messages indicating the prorated (reserved) amounts. The reserved amounts must be retransmitted in five days through ACE.
Please review the following details:
- Transfer Allotment requests must be approved by HQ Quota and Agriculture Branch (QAB). Please provide an excel file containing, the port code, entry summary or warehouse withdrawal number, line number, original presented quantity, the requested quantity (0 for cancelled entries) and remarks. The remarks field is used to capture any pertinent information, such as for a transfer allocation, if an entry is being cancelled to annotate how the quantity will be disbursed to other entries. Please do not include the unit of measure in the quantity column. Remember entries are processed in receipt order, if the explanation is not received in the correct format, it will be returned causing a delay in the process. The entry totals may be equaled to or less than the prorated totals.
- Re-filing of an entry summary should be done with the same line order as originally submitted, in the amounts indicated by the UC message. Line adjustments without approval for an allotment transfer will likely result in a loss of some or all of a filer’s quota reservation.
- Lines may be added to the entry summary beyond what was originally submitted, such as in the case where any non-prorated amount will be entered at the high rate of duty. In this case, please take into account item 2 above regarding original line order if a proration is being claimed. You may add new lines for high rate after the original lines, but do not change the original line order or mix and match amounts differently than what was prorated without approval for an allotment transfer.
- When the entry summary rejects in ACE, it will come off the statement in ACS and revert to single pay if the final statement has not run. It can be added back via an ACS HP transmission, or filers may do single pay. If final statement has run, they will need to pay the original statement, and a refund/bill will need to be processed accordingly.
- On retransmit of the entry summary, the payment type indicator should be left blank, if in CBP Control.
- For warehouse withdrawals, an updated entry summary with prorated amounts should be submitted. If cargo was involved, and it is still on hold pending a decision on how to handle the excess over proration, a separate warehouse entry can be made, or the excess can be entered at the high rate. The entry and entry summary transmissions must match.
- A corrected replacement prorated quota entry, will not cause an FDA reject for Prior Notice already on file.
- Entries will remain in Trade Control for a longer period, this allows more time for filers to make adjustments. If the summary is still in Trade control, the filer can delete the summary, by submitting an AE with a D action code.
- The five business day window expires on July 27, 2017 at 4:30 pm local time.