Wholly Obtained or Produced
Goods wholly obtained or produced entirely in Canada, Mexico or the United States contain no foreign materials or parts from outside the NAFTA territory. Article 415 defines goods wholly produced in the NAFTA region as:
- mineral goods extracted in Canada, Mexico or the United States; Silver mined in Mexico is originating because it is extracted in the territory of one of the Parties.
- vegetable goods, as such goods are defined in the Harmonized System, harvested in Canada, Mexico or the United States; Wheat grown in Canada is originating because it is harvested in the territory of one of the Parties.
- live animals born and raised in Canada, Mexico or the United States;
- goods obtained from hunting, trapping or fishing in Canada, Mexico or the United States;
- goods (fish, shellfish and other marine life) taken from the sea by vessels registered or recorded with Canada, Mexico or the United States and flying its flag;
- goods produced on board factory ships from the goods referred to in subparagraph
- provided such factory ships are registered or recorded with that country and fly its flag;
- goods taken from outer space, provided they are obtained by Canada, Mexico or the United States or by a person of these countries and not processed in a non-NAFTA country;
- waste and scrap derived from
- production in Canada, Mexico and/or the United States, or
- Copper wire recovered in Canada from scrap telephone or electrical wires is wholly obtained or produced in Canada regardless of where it was originally produced.
- used goods collected in Canada, Mexico and/or the United States, provided such goods are fit only for the recovery of raw materials; and,
- Silver jewelry made in the United States from silver mined in Mexico is wholly obtained or produced in the NAFTA territory because it is made exclusively of a mineral good extracted in Mexico.
- goods produced in Canada, Mexico or the United States exclusively from goods referred to in subparagraphs (a) through (i), or from their derivatives, at any stage of production.