ACE Transaction Details
As the platform that enables the United States’ Single Window, ACE provides a single, centralized access point for the trade community to connect with CBP and its Partner Government Agencies (PGA). such, ACE is the system of record by which electronic trade transactions are conducted and recorded by CBP. Below is an overview of what transactions and data must be filed by way of ACE.
Electronic import manifests for all modes of transport (air, ocean, rail and truck) must be filed in ACE.
Entries (Cargo Release) and Entry Summaries
Electronic entries and associated entry summaries associated with the following entry types must be filed in ACE:
- 01 - Consumption
- 02 - Consumption Quota/Visa
- 03 - Consumption - Antidumping/Countervailing Duty
- 06 - Consumption - Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ)
- 07 - Consumption Antidumping/Countervailing Duty and Quota/Visa Combination
- 08 – Duty Deferral
- 09 – Reconciliation Summary
- 11 - Informal
- 12 - Informal Quota/Visa (other than textiles)
- 21 - Warehouse
- 22 - Re Warehouse
- 23 - Temporary Importation Bond (TIB)
- 31 - Warehouse Withdrawal Consumption
- 32 - Warehouse Withdrawal Quota
- 34 - Warehouse Withdrawal - Antidumping/Countervailing Duty
- 38 - Warehouse Withdrawal Antidumping/Countervailing Duty and Quota/Visa Combination
- 40 - Drawback
- 51 - Defense Contract Administration Service Region (DCASR)
- 52 - Government - Dutiable
The following entries types are NOT supported in ACE. Entries and associated entry summaries for these entry types must be filed via paper (non-ABI) at a local port of entry:
04 - Appraisement
05 - Vessel - Repair
24 - Trade Fair
25 - Permanent Exhibition
26 - Warehouse - Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) Admission
33 - Aircraft and Vessel Supply (For Immediate Exportation)
Post Release Activities
Protest - All electronic protests must be filed via the ACE Secure Data Portal (ACE Portal).
Drawback (Required July 8, 2017 | Information Notice)
Duty Deferral (Required July 8, 2017 | Information Notice)
Reconciliation (Required July 8, 2017 | Information Notice)
Statements and Associated Collections (Required July 8, 2017 | Information Notice)
Liquidation (Required July 8, 2017 | Information Notice)
Note: status of liquidations is electronically available through the online Official Notices of Extension, Suspension, and Liquidation.
For details on PGA filing requirements, ongoing pilots and how to participate, please reference the PGA documentation on the PGA Pilot Information section of cbp.gov.
For more information on any of the capabilities of ACE, please visit the ACE Features page.