CBP, in coordination with the Society of Financial Awareness, offers monthly webinars designed to help you take charge of your finances and prepare for the future. Topics are selected based upon popularity and relevance. All webinars include a 45-minute presentation followed by a 15-minute question and answer session.
Most events are open not only CBP employees and but also their family members and can be accessed from government, personal and mobile devices. Event information and registration links for live events are provided below and will be updated periodically to reflect any scheduling changes or additional sessions. Pre-recorded or "rebroadcast" events (recordings of previous events) will be hosted on the Financial Wellness Program Stream channel and may not be accessible from personal devices.
Social Security Explained, Thursday, October 20 at 1 p.m. ET
- What Is Social Security?
- Who Is Eligible and at What Age?
- What Is a Defined Benefit Plan and Who Contributes?
- What Are the Different Types of Annuities?
Retirement Beyond the Numbers, Thursday, November 17 at 1 p.m. ET
- Learn How to Plan for the Emotional Aspects of Retirement
- Tips for a Successful Retirement
- Developing a Retirement Vision
Getting Fiscally Fit*, December 2022
- Overcoming and Understanding Financial Challenges
- Why Creating an Emergency Fund Is so Important
- Understanding the High Cost of Credit
- Gaining Control through Budgeting
Tax Planning Deconstructed*, January 2023
- The Importance of Tax Planning and Preparation
- Understanding Deductions and Exemptions
- What Are Some Tax Planning Considerations?
- Common Tax Filing Errors
Ask a CFP Anything, Thursday, February 16 at 1 p.m. ET
- Ask Questions You’ve Been Meaning to Ask a CFP
- Learn How a CFP Can Help You with Financial Planning
For questions or assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Webinar is pre-recorded and may only be accessible via Microsoft Stream.