Basic Importing and Exporting
Both CBP and the importing/exporting community have a shared responsibility to maximize compliance with laws and regulations. In carrying out this task, CBP encourages importers/exporters to become familiar with applicable laws and regulations.
The information on this page promotes the understanding of this responsibility, as there may be specific requirements related to a particular commodity, such as those set by Partner Government Agencies (PGA).
- Video: Introduction to the CBP Import Process
- Importing Into the United States
- Centers of Excellence and Expertise
- Non-Resident, Returning Military and Returning Official Government Employee Importations of Personal Vehicle for Personal Use
- Importing a Motor Vehicle
- Foreign Trade Zones
- In-Bond Regulatory Changes Frequently Asked Questions