This advisory is for planning purposes only.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will host its final virtual roundtable spotlight April 6 at 11 a.m. The purpose of this series is to inform local and national media who have an interest in international travel. The series will focus on a specific program every two weeks and will include time for questions and answers from the media.
On April 6, CBP will discuss Agriculture Safeguarding. Topics will include CBP’s role in agriculture enforcement, specifically with international travel, key partnerships with USDA and Fish and Wildlife Service, statistics and the canine program. Following speaker remarks, there will be a brief period for media to ask questions.
- Nidhi Singla, (A) Deputy Executive Director, Agriculture Programs and Trade Liaison (APTL)
- Suzette Kelly, Director, Ag Safeguarding & Risk Mgmt
- Daniel Sahakian, Senior Wildlife Inspector (USFWS)
- Samara Crenshaw-Nolen, APTL Branch Chief
- Nicole L. Russo, PhD., Director; Quarantine Policy, Analysis, and Support (APHIS)
- Tasha Mashburn, APTL Branch Chief
- Adam Pitt, APTL Branch Chief
- Carlo Cortina/Aaron Bowker, OFO Communications
- Rhonda Lawson, Office of Public Affairs
WHAT: Overview and Agriculture Safeguarding and Outreach
WHEN: April 6, 2022, 11 a.m. EST
- Please join 15 minutes early to allow time for verification and admission of attendees.
WHERE: Join via Microsoft Teams on April here: Virtual Media Roundtable Series: Agriculture
- When joining the event, you will be prompted to enter your name. You must type your news media organization in the same box as your first and last name in order to be admitted to the event.
- Smart phones may require downloading of the Microsoft Teams app in order to join the event as a guest.
RSVP: To attend the event April 6, RSVP no later than 3 p.m., April 5 to CBPMediaEvents@cbp.dhs.gov with your first and last name and news media organization.