Laredo Sector Border Patrol Honors March Youth of the Month
Laredo, Texas – Celebrating 30 years, The United States Border Patrol Laredo Sector has been recognizing outstanding high school seniors. Youth of the Month Recipients for March were announced at a beautiful ceremony at Cigarroa High School. The Laredo Sector Border Patrol presented seniors from 11 Laredo high schools with the prestigious Youth of the Month Award.
The Border Patrol Youth of the Month program has recognized Laredo’s top high school seniors for 30 years. Together, with the collaboration of program partners, one student is selected each month from the Laredo-area high schools as Border Patrol Youth of the Month. At the end of the school year, 11 Youth of the Month recipients are considered for the prestigious Border Patrol Youth of the Year award. Division Chief Greg M. Burwell addressed the Youth of the Month students and provided them with this advice, “If we can find and practice humility then we can overcome anything that life throws at us,” said Division Chief Greg M. Burwell.
The following students were chosen for this award:
March Youth of the Month Recipients:
- Dr. Leonides G. Cigarroa High School- Abigail Ramos
- Harmony School of Excellence Science Academy- Arturo Hernandez
- Hector J. Garcia Early College High School- Ashley Vazquez
- John B. Alexander High School- Anissa Bianca Davila
- J.W. Nixon High School- Natali Ballesteros
- Lyndon B. Johnson High School- Alondra Velarde
- R&T Martin High School- Gerardo I. Moreno
- St. Augustine High School- Alfredo Alejandro Ochoa
- Texas Academy of International and STEM Studies- Jordan Perez
- United High School- Briana Gloria Reyes
- United South High School- Javier De Hoyos Jr.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control and protection of our nation's borders at and between the official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.