Laredo Sector Border Patrol Honors February’s Youth of the Month
Laredo, Texas – Celebrating 30 years, The United States Border Patrol Laredo Sector has been recognizing outstanding high school seniors. Youth of the Month recipients for February were announced at a beautiful ceremony at J.W. Nixon High School. The Laredo Sector Border Patrol presented seniors from 11 Laredo high schools with the prestigious Youth of the Month Award.
The Border Patrol Youth of the Month program has recognized Laredo’s top high school seniors for 30 years. Together, with the collaboration of program partners, one student is selected each month from the Laredo-area high schools as Border Patrol Youth of the Month. At the end of the school year, 11 Youth of the Month recipients are considered for the prestigious Border Patrol Youth of the Year award.
The following students were chosen for this award:
February Youth of the Month Recipients:
- Dr. Leonides G. Cigarroa High School- Yadira Aimee Chaires
- Harmony School of Excellence Science Academy- Alexia Janett Luna
- Hector J. Garcia Early College High School- Oralia Ortiz
- John B. Alexander High School- Samantha Chapa
- J.W. Nixon High School- Lauren Melendez
- Lyndon B. Johnson High School- Lizbeth A. Ortiz
- R&T Martin High School- Carlos Daniel Cruz
- St. Augustine High School- Santiago Saenz Jr.
- Texas Academy of International and STEM Studies- Priscila Garcin
- United High School- David Gonzalez
- United South High School- Edna Romo