TAMPA, FLA.—U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority today announced the opening of a Global Entry Enrollment Center at Tampa International Airport (TIA). Conditionally approved Global Entry applicants can now schedule their interview at TIA. The enrollment center is located at the red arrivals main terminal area. The office is open Monday-Friday and operates from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The contact number for the Global Entry Enrollment Center is (813) 676-4929.
Enrollment centers are a vital component of Global Entry, which is a voluntary trusted traveler program that uses automated kiosks to expedite the CBP clearance process for pre-approved, low-risk international travelers entering the United States. Global Entry members are also eligible to participate in other CBP trusted traveler programs and TSA PreCheck.
"CBP is pleased to announce the opening of the Global Entry Enrollment Center at Tampa International Airport, the opening of this center will assist CBP in increasing the number of participants in the Global Entry program," said Vernon Foret, Director Field Operations Miami. "Global Entry benefits CBP and the traveling public by allowing us to facilitate the processing of low-risk travelers, while enabling officers to focus on those travelers and goods that may require additional screening and examination."
"The number of people traveling internationally to and from our region continues to grow, and the opening of this enrollment center is just another example of our expanding global footprint," said Joe Lopano, CEO of Tampa International Airport. "It also highlights this airport's commitment to customer service by offering international travelers the convenience of a Global Entry interview in Tampa rather than another part of the state."
Global Entry operates at 34 U.S. airports and 10 preclearance airports in Canada and Ireland.
The Global Entry application process consists of the following three steps for all applicants:
- Complete and submit an online application through the Global Online Enrollment System, along with payment of a non-refundable application $100 fee (membership is valid for five years upon approval).
- Schedule appointment within 30 days from the date of the online approval notice.
- Undergo a background check, interview with a CBP officer at the enrollment center of your choice and provide biometric information, e.g., fingerprints.
There are many benefits to becoming a Global Entry member some include:
- No queuing for passport control checks;
- No paper customs declaration form;
- Global Entry membership can be accessed at many of the leading U.S. airports;
- Expedited travel from the gate to the terminal exit (the process can take less than one minute);
- No minimum number of international trips required to qualify for the Global Entry program.
Global Entry is open to U.S. citizens, U.S. legal permanent residents, and Mexican nationals. The program is also available to citizens of the Netherlands, who are enrolled in the Dutch Privium program, and citizens of the Republic of Korea enrolled in the Korean Smart Entry Service. Canadian citizens and residents enrolled in the NEXUS program may use the Global Entry kiosks as well. Members of the CBP Trusted Traveler program, SENTRI, who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents, can also use the Global Entry kiosks.
For additional information about the Global Entry program or to apply, visit Global Entry.