Global Entry allows for expedited clearance of pre-approved, low-risk international travelers
LOS ANGELES – In response to the overwhelming success of Global Entry in Los Angeles, and to expedite the increasing number of applicants, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced the expansion and relocation of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Global Entry Enrollment Center. The new facility will allow CBP officers to conduct up to 10 interviews simultaneously every hour, improving efficiency and doubling the number of applicants processed.
“The new Enrollment Center reflects CBP’s unwavering commitment in improving the customer service experience as Global Entry continues to attract thousands of new applicants,” said Carlos C. Martel, CBP Director of Field Operations in Los Angeles. “The new location will significantly reduce appointment wait times for conditionally approved applicants in the Greater Los Angeles area and neighboring counties.”
Since its inception in October 2008, LAX’s enrollment center have enrolled 352,187 applicants. During the same period, Global Entry kiosks have processed 2,389,535 travelers at international airports within the Los Angeles area.
“This is significant leap into the future of Global Entry, as the volume of international travelers continues to exponentially increase in recent years,” said Donald Kusser, CBP Port Director of Los Angeles International Airport. “With travel facilitation and national security in focus, we continue enhancing our resources and technologies at LAX.”
Global Entry, a CBP Trusted Traveler Program, allows for expedited clearance of pre-approved, low-risk travelers. Travelers must be pre-approved for the Global Entry program. The new LAX’s Global Entry facility is located at 11099 S. La Cienega Blvd. #155 Los Angeles, CA 90045 and will be open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. The Global Entry application process consists of the following steps:
- Create a Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) account. Regardless of your age, you must have your own TTP account.
- Log in to your TTP account and complete the application. A $100 non-refundable fee is required with each completed application.
- After accepting your completed application and fee, CBP will review your application. If your application is conditionally approved, then your TTP account will instruct you to schedule an interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center. Each applicant must schedule a separate interview.
- You will need to bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver’s license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your machine-readable permanent resident card.
Currently available at 60 U.S. airports and 15 Pre-clearance locations, Global Entry streamlines the international arrivals process at airports for trusted travelers. The more than 5 million Global Entry members bypass traditional CBP inspection lines and use an automated kiosk to complete their admission to the United States. As an added benefit, Global Entry members are also eligible to participate in the TSA Pre✓™ expedited screening program.
All applicants undergo a rigorous background check and an in-person interview before enrollment. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be submitted online. Once the applicant successfully passes a background check, a CBP officer will conduct an interview with the applicant at one of the more than 95 Global Entry Enrollment Centers located throughout the U.S. and Canada, and then make a final eligibility determination.
While the goal of Global Entry is to speed travelers through the process, members may be selected for further examination when entering the United States. Any violation of the program’s terms and conditions will result in the appropriate enforcement action and termination of the traveler’s membership privileges.
- No processing lines
- No paperwork
- Access to expedited entry benefits in other countries
- Available at major U.S. airports
- Reduced wait times
- TSA Pre✓® Eligibility