Border Patrol Arrests Lead to Successful Prosecutions in California
Imperial Valley, Calif. - El Centro Sector Border Patrol agents' recent arrests have led to the successful conviction and sentencing of seven illegal aliens.
The apprehensions took place earlier this year by El Centro Sector Border Patrol agents. The illegal aliens, many of which have extensive criminal histories, were presented for prosecution on federal criminal charges.
All the Mexican nationals have been successfully convicted and sentenced for illegal re-entry into the U.S. after being previously removed.
- Carlos Gonzalez-Gamez - 24 months prison term, supervised release for two years.
- Ruben Aguiniga-Ferrer - 18 months prison term.
- Jaime Alejandro-Reyes - 46 months prison term, supervised release for one year.
- Luis Armando Servellon-Alvarado - 35 months prison term, supervised release for two years.
- Carlos Gutierrez-Barajas - 24 months prison term, supervised release for three years.
- Luis Miguel Cazarez-Herrera - 37 months prison term.
- Jose Zermeno-Torres - 18 months prison term.
All men will be formally deported to their country of origin after completing their prison term.
The El Centro Sector's Community Awareness Campaign is a simple and effective program to raise public awareness on the indicators of crime and other threats. We encourage public and private sector employees to remain vigilant and play a key role in keeping our country safe. Please report any suspicious activity to the Border Community Threat Hotline at (800) 901-2003.