Are You Eligible?
U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents, Canadian citizens, Canadian lawful permanent residents and Mexican nationals who are members of Mexico’s trusted traveller program, Viajero Confiable are eligible to apply for membership in the U.S./Canada NEXUS program.
If you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s consent to participate in the program.
Reasons for Ineligibility
You may not be eligible for participation in the NEXUS program if you:
- Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
- Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges, including outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence);
- Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
- Are subjects of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state or local law enforcement agency;
- Have been denied for the purchase of a firearm;
- Have received a criminal pardon from any country;
- Are inadmissible to the U.S. under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation; or if they
- Cannot satisfy CBP or Canada Border Services Agency of your low-risk status.
Important Note: Both the United States and Canada must approve your application. Denial of an application by either country will prevent you from participating in the NEXUS program.