14 to 30 Days
- Receive final paycheck and lump-sum annual leave payment (if applicable).
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) will close out your retirement record (SF 2806/SF 3100).
- Your retirement case and retirement card is forwarded to OPM in Boyers, PA.
- USDA will send you a notification that your case has been forwarded to OPM.
- For questions regarding the processing of your retirement, contact Retirement and Benefits Advisory Services (RABAS) visit the Retirement and Benefits Portal.
30 to 90 days
- Your retirement package is received by OPM in Boyers, PA.
- OPM will send you an acknowledgement letter and retirement case claim number.
- You will be placed in Interim Payment Status and paid a partial annuity.
- Case is assigned to a specialist for final adjudication.
- Interim payments will continue until OPM completes final adjudication of your claim.
90 Days to 6 Months
- OPM will complete the adjudication of your claim.
- OPM will start paying you your regular monthly annuity check, including applicable back pay.
- OPM will start deducting payment for both benefits and other allotments, from your regular annuity.
- OPM will provide you with the information outlining your retirement benefits, authorized allotments, taxes, etc.
- Call OPM if you have any questions about the status of your retirement.
The CBP team is absolutely committed to paying retirees as swiftly and accurately as possible. If you have been retired for more than 90 days and have not received interim pay from OPM, please email email@example.com.