What is Onboarding Manager?
The Office of Personnel Management’s Onboarding Manager (OM) program is CBP’s entrance on duty system for all Federal new employees to complete, sign, and submit most new employee forms electronically.
How does a new employee access OM?
New employees will receive a notification from the CBP Hiring Center, typically the Monday before their enter on duty date. The new employees must accept their official job offer via the URL in the notification. Once the new employee accepts their official job offer, he/she will be able to login to their OM account using their Login.gov (USAJOBS) username and password.
When should new employees complete, sign, and submit their new employee forms in OM?
New employees have 60 days from their date of appointment to elect health insurance and life insurance. The CBP Processing and Servicing Center (PSC) recommends new employees complete, sign, and submit their new employee forms in OM by the end of their first week of employment to prevent any issues with pay and benefits enrollment.
New Employee Forms Completed on the First Day
Your mission support staff will help you submit these forms to the CBP PSC.
New Employee Forms Completed, Signed, and Submitted in OM by the End of the First Week of Employment
- Direct Deposit Form- (SF-1199A or FMS 2231)
- Employee Federal Tax Withholding Allowance Certificate- (W-4)
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Premium Conversion Waiver/Election Form- (DG-60)
- Employee Address Form- (AD-349)
- CBP Acknowledgment of Receipt of Conduct Information- (CBP-001)
- For more information, visit the Ethics/Standards of Conduct webpage.
- Declaration for Federal Employment- (OF-306)
- Ethnicity and Race Identification- (SF-181)
- Self-Identification of Disability- (SF-256)
- Statement of Prior Federal Service- (SF-144)
- Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) Program Election Form- (SF-2817)
- Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) Election Form- (SF-2809)
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) Election Form- (TSP-1)
New Employee Forms (Original) Completed, Signed, and Mailed to the CBP PSC by the End of the First Week of Employment
- Unpaid Compensation of Deceased Civilian Employee Designation of Beneficiary Form- (SF-1152)
- Federal Employee’s Group Life Insurance Designation of Beneficiary Form- (SF-2823)
- Federal Employee’s Retirement System Designation of Beneficiary Form- (SF-3102)
CBP PSC Mailing Address: 6650 Telecom Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis, IN 46278
State Tax Waiver Form Emailed to Payroll Branch by the End of the First Week of Employment
Payroll Email Address: email@example.com
Your mission support staff will help you submit the state tax waiver form.
If a new employee has questions about or issues with their OM account, who should the new hire contact?
Whenever a new employee has issues/questions related to their OM account, the new employee should contact Human Resource Management’s Customer Response Interactive Services (CRIS) Team.
HRM CRIS Team
Email: CUSTOMERRESPONSE@cbp.dhs.gov (preferred method of contact)
Phone Number: 1-317-715-3000
Toll Free: 1-877-290-1810
Monday to Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST
Voicemail: Available 24/7