For Frontline positions, visit our Apply Now! webpage.
For professional staff positions, go to USAJOBS and use the following guidance:
- Search for Desired Vacancy Opportunity. Use the search bar to find the position you are looking for. Note that CBP is not always hiring for all positions. If you cannot find the desired position through the search, it is likely that there is no open announcement for the position and you should check again at a later time or save a USAJOBS search to be notified of when an announcement opens. CBP is not presently hiring for all positions and the announcement schedule is based on projected agency needs.
- Review the entire vacancy announcement. When you find an announcement that interests you, review the announcement for important information about who may apply, job qualifications, duties, position requirements, salary, and duty location. Use this information to decide if your interests, education, and experience are a right match for the job. Be sure to take note of the HR Contact listed on the vacancy announcement. If you should have any questions during or after the vacancy open period, you will need to have this contact information.
- Apply to the Vacancy. Carefully follow the specific instructions provided in the “How to Apply” section of the vacancy announcement. Be sure to submit all required documents requested in the vacancy announcement to receive full consideration. If you are unable to apply on-line or need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, notify the Human Resources Office contact identified on the announcement at least one day prior to the closing date for further instructions.
- Review your resume and/or transcripts. Ensure the work experience on your resume clearly documents your experience as it relates to this announcement/position. (QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED). If your resume and/or transcripts do not clearly document how you are qualified you may be rated ineligible.
- Submit all of the Required Documents. Review your documents prior to and after uploading. Your documents must clearly document you being qualified this position/announcement.