Fast Track Pilot Program - Air Interdiction Agents
Fast Track Timelines
Below are the timelines you will be required to meet during this Fast Track pilot. Applicant timelines begin once communication from CBP is sent to schedule each hiring step.
|Review the Fast Track timelines and the Fast Track characteristics, outlined below. If you can meet the timelines* and possess all of the characteristics, e-mail an AMO recruiter with your resume at CBP_AMO_Recruiting@cbp.dhs.gov with "Fast Track" in the subject line.|
If you meet the requirements for the Air Interdiction Agent (pilot) position, an AMO recruiter will review your resume and determine if you can be processed under AMO's Direct Hire authority.
If you are found qualified for the Air Interdiction Agent (pilot) position, you will receive a tentative job offer via e-mail, which you must accept within 3 days.*
|Schedule and complete e-QIP (background investigation form), medical, drug, and fitness test within 8 days.*|
|Schedule and complete polygraph examination within 30 days.*|
|Schedule and complete the three-part flight assessment at the National Air Training Center in Oklahoma City, OK within 2 days.*|
|Accept final offer with appointment within 48 hours.*|
*Failure to meet the timelines will disqualify you from remaining in the Fast Track process. You will be placed under the traditional hiring process.
Fast Track Characteristics
Successful Fast Track applicants possess most of the following characteristics:
- Have not previously failed a polygraph or background investigation
- Not currently an Air Interdiction Agent (pilot) applicant OR a current Air Interdiction Agent (pilot)
- No previous drug use in the past three years
- Have not been fired from a previous job or resigned in lieu of termination
- No foreign investments or current delinquent debt
- Limited foreign travel (excluding active duty military assignments)
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and immediate family members must have legal U.S. status
- No past or pending misdemeanor or felony violations (e.g. Identity theft, DUI, domestic abuse, gang affiliation)
- No known medical impediments - Click here to read about our medical standards
- Must be willing to relocate to one of the following locations: Sierra Vista, AZ; Grand Forks, ND; Laredo, TX; San Angelo, TX, McAllen, TX; Aguadilla, PR
- Must be willing to enter on duty with a provisional suitability determination*
*If you enter on duty with a provisional clearance and your full background investigation is not successfully completed, you will be removed from the position with CBP. For more information about the provisional clearance, please click here.
If you do not possess the above characteristics, please apply to become an Air Interdiction Agent (pilot) here!
Do you feel like you are ready for the Fast Track program, have the desired characteristics, and can arrange your schedule to meet the timelines?
If you can meet the Fast Track timelines and possess all of the Fast Track characteristics, click here to e-mail an AMO recruiter. Please include your pilot resume.