The following commodities are excluded from the PN requirements of the BTA:
- Personal food and/or gifts (non-commercial purpose) accompanying or shipped by an individual.
- Merchandise that is immediately exported (IEs).
- Meat, poultry, and egg products exclusively subject to USDA jurisdiction.
- Homemade goods shipped as gifts.
- Food items shipped via diplomatic pouch.
- Foods normally subject to the BTA that are included in shipments of household goods.
- Non-consumption samples for testing only.