US flag Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

How do I reactivate an importer record that has been voided by CBP?

How do I reactivate an importer record that has been voided by CBP?

Email a completed CBP 5106 along with a valid importer record proof and Power-of-Attorney that is no more than one year old (if 5106 is signed by an Attorney-in-Fact) to The subject line should state “Void IR#”.

**NOTE: CBP Form 5106 must be signed by an officer of the company (President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, CEO, COO, etc.) or a broker with power-of-attorney (POA).**

Relative to the type of importer record number, the following documents are acceptable proof:

Social Security Number – A copy of the importer’s Social Security card (front & back). Or submit a copy of the front page of the importer’s most recent tax return.

Employee Identification Number (EIN) – Pre-printed documentation received from the U.S. Department of Treasury, i.e. Internal Revenue Service (IRS), within the last 12 months that reflects the proper EIN and company name. Examples of IRS tax documentation include the following: 147C, 1040, 2363, 941/941V, SS-4, 1065, 8109/8109C, 7004, 355-ES, 1096, 1120/1120S, etc. You can call 1-800-829-0115 in order to obtain EIN verification (form 147C) if necessary. THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED FROM THE IRS, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY.

Note: W-9 applications, SS-4applications, State documents, and any documentation submitted to the IRS are unacceptable.

U.S. CBP Assigned Number – There is currently no documentation provided by CBP when issuing a CBP-assigned number. Only a completed CBP 5106 form and POA if signing on behalf of an importer, are required.