An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

  1. Home
  2. Does a secure facility need a Customs Bond?

Does a secure facility need a Customs Bond?

Yes, for within-port movements, a CBP 6043 will be used. A bonded cartman or facility owner transporting merchandise under bond directly to their facility, as described in 19 CFR 112.2 (b), may perform the movement of BTA merchandise. Movement outside port limits to a secure facility must be performed by a bonded carrier that uses a CBP 7512. Bond liability is transferred to the party moving and subsequently storing the merchandise pending satisfactory PN and entry of the merchandise.

  • Last Modified: