U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is proud to announce that the 2022 Trade Facilitation and Cargo Security Summit will be held July 18-20 at the Hilton Anaheim in Anaheim, California, and virtually via webcast. CBP has combined its annual Trade Symposium and Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) conference to bring you the best of both worlds! We have three full days packed with key industry speakers, panel discussions and workshops highlighting the latest requirement updates and best practices for navigating today’s complex supply chain challenges. Registration is now CLOSED.
This year’s event will host two days of breakout sessions held on the first and last day, general sessions on the second day, and keynote luncheons each day. Selection for the breakout sessions is required during registration for in-person attendees. Virtual attendees will not make selections and will have access to all breakout sessions on the webcast platform.
In-Person Registration Information
- The registration fee is $254.00 U.S. dollars for in-person (non-government) attendees. Registration must be completed online, and payment must be made by credit card. Registrations will be confirmed and processed on a first-come first-served basis.
- Companies and organizations are limited to three (3) employees due to limited space.
- Federal government employees will receive complimentary registration; however, in-person attendance is limited to only those employees speaking on a panel.
- All Title 5 Executive Agency employees must follow travel and relocation policies, including those on temporary duty travel allowances. See Federal Travel Regulations, 41 C.F.R. §§ 301-11.18, 301-74.21 (41 C.F.R. §§ 301-11.18, 301-74.21). Employees eligible to receive per diem expenses must adjust their Meals & Incidental Expenses (M&IE) allowance to account for meals furnished by CBP.
- The registration fee includes beverages and light refreshments during the breaks and lunch for all three days.
- Kosher meals will not be available. Please send request for vegetarian meals or any ADA requirements to TradeEvents@cbp.dhs.gov by Friday, July 15th.
- CBP is committed to providing universal access to all of our events. Please contact TradeEvents@cbp.dhs.gov to request disability accommodations. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs.
- Members of the press interested in covering the event should contact the CBP Office of Public Affairs at email@example.com and the CBP Office of Trade Relations (OTR) directly at TradeEvents@cbp.dhs.gov for registration.
Webcast Registration Information
- The registration fee is $56.00 U.S. dollars for virtual (non-government) attendees. Registration must be completed online, and payment must be made by credit card. Registrations will be confirmed and processed on a first-come first-served basis.
- Federal government employees will receive complimentary registration. Registration for federal government employees is limited and will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Federal government employee participation must be approved by your immediate supervisor.
- Embassy employees will receive complimentary registration and are limited to virtual attendance only, due to limited space.
- A link to access the webcast platform will be sent to registered virtual attendees via email om Friday, July 15th.
If you wish to cancel or transfer your registration, please notify OTR at TradeEvents@cbp.dhs.gov in writing on or before Friday, July 1, 2022. Please include your full name and confirmation number and we will process your request. Registration transfers must be in writing and include the full name of the registered attendee, confirmation number, and new attendee’s full name and email address. All requests for cancellations with a refund must be submitted in writing and received no later than Friday, July 1, 2022. No exceptions will be made. Refunds take approximately 1-3 weeks to be fully processed. CBP will follow the federal government operating status as indicated on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s website, including specifics for employees located in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. If the event is canceled due to inclement weather, a natural disaster, or state of emergency, CBP will refund all registration fees within 14 days. Please note that it can take up to 90 days to be fully processed.
CBP has confirmed a hotel room block for $182.00/night for a standard room. The room block is limited and will be made available on a first-come first-served basis. All arrangements and expenses for lodging are the responsibility of the attendee.
Hotel/Event Venue: Hilton Anaheim
Address: 777 W. Convention Way, Anaheim, CA 92802
Phone Number: 1-877-776-4932
Federal agencies interested in hosting an exhibit should contact TradeEvents@cbp.dhs.gov.
Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) Credits
Each session qualifies for one hour of Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) for 17 total possible credits, with four of those applied as dual Certified Export Specialist (CES) credits. OTR will automatically provide an event attendance confirmation letter containing instructions for requesting the credits to all confirmed attendees, post-event.
Vaccine and Mask Requirements
CBP is offering limited in person attendance to ensure participants can socially distance. We prioritize the wellness and safety of those attending and will abide by the COVID guidelines outlined by the State of California.
CBP is committed to providing transparency and due to the recent increase in the COVID-19 cases throughout the United States, we are requiring that each registrant complete the Certification of Vaccination form and bring it with you to the onsite event registration check-in desk. CBP will only verify the completion of the form, not collect any information. The form must remain with you for the duration of the event. If you are not fully vaccinated or decline to respond to your vaccination status, you will be required to bring proof of negative testing results taken within 72 hours of the event. Available testing sites may be found here. At-home testing kit results will not be accepted. CBP will enforce a mask mandate during the event, provide sanitation stations throughout the space, and carry out social distancing protocols.
NOTE: If the COVID-19 Community Level is MEDIUM or HIGH, all in-person attendees [non-federal employees] will be asked to provide information about their vaccination status. In requesting this information, CBP will comply with any applicable Federal laws, including requirements under the Privacy Act and the Paperwork Reduction Act. In-person attendees who are not fully vaccinated or decline to provide information about their vaccination status should provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test completed within the previous 3 days and comply with relevant safety protocols, consistent with their vaccination status.
For questions, please email TradeEvents@cbp.dhs.gov.