Equal Employment Opportunity
Privacy and Diversity Office – Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity Division
U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) Privacy and Diversity Office, Diversity and Equal Opportunity (EEO) Division, provides EEO services to almost 60,000 CBP employees as well as all applicants for employment. The Diversity and EEO Division strives to ensure equality of opportunity and the benefit of employment decisions free from unlawful discrimination for employees and applicants for employment through the following activities:
- Engaging in counseling, mediation, and investigation activities to address and resolve EEO complaints at the lowest possible level and in accordance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Ensuring compliance with all EEOC decisions and settlement agreements.
- Providing EEO awareness training for all CBP employees.
- Examining barriers to employment and advancement in order to create an environment that is welcoming to all individuals, regardless of their protected status under Federal law, regulation, or policy.
- Providing guidance and managing the interactive process of Reasonable Accommodation requests.
- Organizing and promoting diversity and inclusion programs and observances.
- Collaborating with other CBP offices to ensure that CBP maintains an environment that fully utilizes and recognizes the skills and abilities of all individuals, including individuals with disabilities.