To celebrate Financial Literacy Month in April, CBP is partnering with Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to provide webinars that promote financial wellness and education. Registration is required and attendance is limited. Reserve your spot and sign up today!
Your questions will be answered live by a certified financial planner on topics such as retirement planning, insurance planning, estate planning, and basic financial planning principles.
Date/Time: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 12 p.m. EST
Perhaps there’s no better legacy you can provide to a child or grandchild than to support their dreams (and help them avoid the financial burden of excessive student loan debt) by setting-up and regularly funding a 529 plan account. Let us help you put a plan in place that accurately estimates future education costs for any children and establishes achievable savings rates and investment strategies to reflect those needs.
Date/Time: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 2 p.m. EST
Explore long term care options and how to plan for this costly care.
Date/Time: Thursday, April 7, 2022, 2 p.m. EST
This webinar will address topics such as:
- Tax planning vs. tax preparation
- Strategies to minimize your tax liability
- Current tax law changes
- Impact of taxes on investment distributions
- Common tax mistakes people make
Date/Time: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 2 p.m. EST
During this 1-hour webinar you will learn the basic principles of cash management, roadblocks to financial success, wealth accumulation, the importance of having a financial blueprint, and discretionary income use.
Date/Time: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 2 p.m. EST
This webinar will focus on strategies and considerations when planning for your child's financial security.
Date/Time: Thursday, April 14, 2022, 2 p.m. EST
Topics during this webinar include:
- Controlling the variables you can control
- Why down markets create investment opportunities for the wise investor
- How not taking advantage of market downturns can potentially deprive you of future gains
- Evaluating your investments when the market declines
- Behavorial biases that can get in your way
Date/Time: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 2 p.m. EST
Social Security benefits can be confusing. During this webinar, you will learn more about topics such as:
- Types of benefits you are eligible to receive
- Difference between full retirement age and delayed retirement
- Filing for benefits
- Retirement planning strategies
- Annuity type distinction
Date/Time: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 2 p.m. EST
Learn more about the issues in estate planning and elder law that routinely affect individuals and families, including incapacity planning and asset protection. Current top-of-mind estate planning considerations and legislative concerns are discussed during this well-rounded presentation.
Date/Time: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 2 p.m. EST
This Life Insurance 101 webinar is focused on helping you understand what you may need. Get answers to questions such as:
- Who needs life Insurance?
- How to analyze how much life insurance is needed?
- What are the types of life insurance?
- How can life insurance be used?
- Is life insurance necessary in retirement?
Date/Time: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 2 p.m. EST
Understand the basics of cryptocurrency during this introductory webinar.
Date/Time: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 2 p.m. EST
Whether for yourself or a family member, funding education can be daunting. This webinar will cover the basics and provide strategies to help you pay for an education without going broke.
Date/Time: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 2 p.m. EST